- Movable Type 4.2 or newer
- PHP is required for dynamic classes in the templates.
- StyleCatcher 2.1 is required when using StyleCatcher to switch between Sandbox themes.
Unzip the archive. The archive contains Sandbox and an updated copy of StyleCatcher to allow simple switching between Sandbox Themes.
Upload the Sandbox and StyleCatcher mt-static folders to the mt-static/plugins folder.
MT_DIR/ mt-static/ plugins/ Sandbox/ StyleCatcher/
Upload the Sandbox and StyleCatcher plugin folders in the plugins folder.
MT_DIR/ plugins/ Sandbox/ StyleCatcher/
Install complete! Now create new blog, or update the templates of an existing blog.
Create a New Blog to use Sandbox Templates
- In the blog switcher choose “Create a new blog”.
- When filling out the details for the new blog, under Template Set, choose “Sandbox”.
- After new blog has been created, create and publish an entry.
- View your site.
Updating Existing Blog to use Sandbox Templates
- Go to Design > Templates.
- Click “Refresh Blog Templates” in the Actions sidebar widget.
- In the modal that appears, choose “Apply new template set” and then choose “Sandbox” from the select menu of template sets. (Optionally choose to “Make backups of existing templates”)
- Click “Continue”, then “Confirm”
- Republish your blog
- View your site
Command Line Installation from Subversion
You’ll need to have subversion installed in order to check out this way.
The below examples use
svn export but if you’re interested in contributing patches use
svn co to “check out” the code instead of exporting it from Subversion.
Go to your Movable Type directory (path may be different different per hosts).
$ cd /home/user/www.domain.com/cgi-bin/mt/
Remove the existing StyleCatcher plugin
$ rm -rf plugins/StyleCatcher
Export the Sandbox and StyleCatcher plugin into the MT plugins directory:
$ svn export http://code.sixapart.com/svn/mtplugins/trunk/Sandbox/plugins/Sandbox/ plugins/Sandbox $ svn export http://code.sixapart.com/svn/mtplugins/branches/StyleCatcher-2.1-dev/plugins/StyleCatcher/ plugins/StyleCatcher
Export the Sandbox and StyleCatcher static files into the static plugins folder:
$ svn export http://code.sixapart.com/svn/mtplugins/trunk/Sandbox/mt-static/plugins/Sandbox/ mt-static/plugins/Sandbox $ svn export http://code.sixapart.com/svn/mtplugins/branches/StyleCatcher-2.1-dev/mt-static/plugins/StyleCatcher/ mt-static/plugins/StyleCatcher